Today’s special guest on the Not Just About Copy podcast is Ami Summers.
Ami has spent almost 14 years as a leadership development consultant, engagement specialist and accredited coach. She is the Director and Lead Coach at her practice, Craft Coaching and Development. Ami coaches leaders, creatives and entrepreneurs to make their greatest impact using leadership development tools, certified diagnostics and strengths based coaching.
Also an accomplished painter, Ami believes the world needs all people to practice creative ways of thinking, working, leading and living. She brings her deep appreciation for, and knowledge of, the beautiful intersection between the creative and business worlds. Her breadth of experience as a coach and consultant spans across communities and industries. Ami has worked with bushfire survivors, First Nations communities, corporate leadership teams, government and education, arts program participants, small business leaders and CEO’s.
Since 2019, Ami has been my business coach – helping me to solidify my values and develop a strategic plan for my business. It’s safe to say Ami was instrumental in the bringing to life of this podcast, supporting me to transform it from the germ of an idea to a living, breathing thing out in the world.
I know you’re going to love this episode. Ami is a business coach with a difference and her creativity shines through in our conversation today.
We talk about:
- How Ami landed on her own business values and how these are reflected in her work
- The Craft rebranding process and the role copywriting played in this
- What creativity is and how it works
- How words help Ami connect with her clients and her tips for writing better content
- Matching mood and energy to tasks, plus she introduces me to a game-changing app for productivity, and
- The Emotion Wheel exercise, which is available on the Craft website.
So much good stuff. Here’s my chat with Ami Summers…
How you can connect with Ami:
Listen to the episode here: