Today’s guest on the Not Just About Copy podcast is Hayley Robertson.
Hayley is an MBA-qualified marketing coach and business mentor for service-based small businesses. She provides 1:1 marketing coaching programs to help her clients break through the barriers that are holding them back, so they can choose who they want to work with, charge what they’re worth and get the freedom and flexibility to spend more time doing what they really enjoy.
Hayley also teaches members via her online marketing membership, the My Client Strategy Academy, how to market and grow their service business in a simple and non-complex way, alongside a supportive community of service based business owners.
I’ve known Hayley for several years now. We first met when she lived in Melbourne and she’s since relocated to Brisbane. Hayley is so passionate about supporting small business owners – and she talks about marketing in a very non-threatening way. I invited her on the show to share some of this wisdom with you – and, let’s be honest, with me, too.
In this episode we talk about:
- Hayley’s sliding doors career moment – and how she feels about it now
- What makes good email marketing – and it’s not necessarily what you think
- Tips for making service-based outcomes more tangible and how to enhance your product descriptions
- The importance of repetition when it comes to your marketing messages
- What to do if you feel overwhelmed or fall off the wagon with your marketing
- Simple ways to track your marketing metrics – because if you want your business to grow, you have to grow your audience, and
- The power of consistency and going ‘all in’ on your chosen marketing strategy.
I really enjoyed this conversation with Hayley and she shared so many marketing gems. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode.
How you can connect with Hayley
- How to write copy that sells – Ray Edwards
- Storybrand – Donald Miller
- Chillpreneur – Denise Duffield Thomas
Listen to the episode here: