Hello and welcome to Episode 21. Before I introduce today’s guest, I want to quickly let you know that I have just 3 remaining spots for copy coaching clients through May and June. So if this is something that’s calling you right now, head to my website to book straight in through the copy coaching page or book a discovery call and we can chat about coaching. If you want to get a bit more of a sense of my coaching style, I would encourage you to check out some of my solo podcast episodes. Ok, let’s get cracking.
Today’s guest on the Not Just About Copy podcast is Anu Sawhney. Anu is a quirky, kind human with an infectious zest for life. With a design degree in her bag, she set out to change how people feel, one design at a time.
After spending far too many years working for big brands (such as Kenneth Cole, Banana Republic, Don Algodon, Gap, The Gazal group & Leona Edmiston), Anu threw it all away to create with kindness. She brings her brightness and sparkle to life and believes, wholeheartedly, that happy people create happy things.
Through founding Bidiliia, her own ethical jewellery company, Anu found a love for writing compelling product copy, a skill she now applies to create checkout-worthy copy for other e-comm stores. Mum to two small humans, Anu lives in Sydney and is originally from India.
I often work with service-based businesses, so it was a real treat to have Anu on the podcast sharing her knowledge and wisdom around writing for ecommerce.
In this episode we talk about:
- How creating Bidiliia brought a bit of joy to each day at a time that felt really hard
- How to write banging product descriptions, including the powerful techniques of word association and review mining – and how learning to describe her creations helped Anu connect more deeply with her customers
- Why Anu resists the idea of a customer avatar
- The opportunity of emails to tell stories and echo a shared experience
- Anu’s highest converting email on the topic of organic cucumbers, and
- Her ongoing struggle with her About page. Sound familiar?
Anu truly is a sparkly and creative human with such an interesting journey. I know you’re going to enjoy my chat with Anu Sawhney.
How you can connect with Anu:
Listen to the episode here: