Today’s guest on the Not Just About Copy podcast is Kate Richardson.
Kate is a corporate runaway and executive coach who now runs a career development and training practice that helps people build the confidence and skills to succeed in a 21st century career. Kate partners with organisations to deliver programs that elevate the careers of their people. She’s especially passionate about working with professionals from around the globe to help them redesign their career and find what’s next.
Kate’s own career transition was the catalyst for her current career. As a career changer myself, I can really relate to Kate’s story and mission. But if you’ve ever experienced change or transition in any area of your life, you’ll find lots of value in this episode.
We talk about:
- The difference between skills and strengths – and why we need to understand this
- The complexity of transition, which is wrapped up in identity and our sense of self
- The power of open questions and a simple flip you may never have considered
- Why self-doubt and fear are part of any change – and how you can respond to that
- Reframing the ‘elevator pitch’ with a whole new lens (you’re going to love it!)
- Checking in with our thoughts, beliefs and assumptions and looking for data, and
- How ex-corporate Kate writes authentically from the heart as a small business owner and her process for finding her voice.
Kate is full of knowledge and practical tips for career changers and small business owners in this chat – I’d love to hear what resonates with you once you’ve had a listen. I know you’ll enjoy this conversation with Kate Richardson.
How you can connect with Kate:
You may also love: Episode 8: How to create content without burning out
Resource mentioned: The Long Game by Dorie Clark
Listen to the episode here: