Today’s guest on the Not Just About Copy podcast is Ilana Kosakiewicz. Ilana first joined me on the podcast for Episode 28 – Get to know your host – where she interviewed me. Today, I’m turning the tables and interviewing my friend, peer and client, Ilana.
Ilana is a leading Australian kinesiologist, women’s wellbeing mentor, and yoga and meditation teacher. She is an entrepreneur with a past life as a CPA accountant in the corporate world.
Ilana’s own health journey with chronic fatigue, irregular cycles and auto-immune disease taught her that slowing down, finding moments of stillness, and listening to the body’s intuition are not just important – they are essential.
Ilana is passionate about teaching women how to optimise their energy, step into their power and cyclical nature. She helps women live in alignment and flow by learning to structure their weeks around their energy levels and listening to their bodies.
She also works with children to assist in shifting their essence, energy and mindset so they can live authentic, content and happy lives.
Originally from Gippsland Australia, Ilana now lives in bayside Melbourne. She spends her days with clients, facilitating workplace workshops, teaching yoga and meditation, running retreats, writing, cooking in her kitchen and spending as much time at the beach as she can.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Preparing for and navigating any kind of birth, change and transition in business or life
- How Ilana practises curiosity, surrendering control and going with the flow
- The vibrations and energy of words – and why choosing them intentionally is important
- How copy coaching helped Ilana understand the process behind writing great copy
- How Ilana decides what to create in her business – and how she markets these offers
- The importance of sharing personal stories to build connection
- The rituals Ilana has introduced into her business – and how they support her, and
- Giving yourself the permission to follow your energy and build in space to just ‘be’.
It is possible to enjoy writing for your business, just like Ilana. She has made it a priority to work on her copy skills and confidence. You can do this, too by joining the waitlist for the October round of the Co-writing Content Crew – just follow the link in the show notes.
We snuck this conversation in just before Ilana went on maternity leave and I know you’re going to love it. Why not take a screenshot and share it on Instagram tagging me @emmamcmillancopy. That would make my day. Enjoy!
How you can connect with Ilana
- Website: ilanak.com.au
- Instagram: instagram.com/ilanak.kinesiology/
- Facebook: facebook.com/ilanak.kinesiology
- The Energy Shift podcast: ilanak.com.au/podcast
- Beyond the Birth Plan by Maria Dempsey
- The Company of One by Paul Jarvis
You may also love
- Episode 28: Get to know your host, Emma McMillan
- Episode 19: Unlearning and untangling to reconnect with ourselves with Amanda Freeman
- Episode 14: The uncomfortable and expansive nature of transition with Cath Connell
Listen to the episode here:
Connect with me:
Leave A Comment