Today’s guest on the Not Just About Copy podcast is Sandy Lowres.
Sandy is a pro-ageing advocate and the founder & Creative Director of the award-winning platform Wb40 – Women Beyond Forty, sharing the hard-won wisdom of women 40, 50, 60 and beyond. Sandy is the host of The Good Girl Confessional Podcast and the co-host of Alex The Seal Podcast.
In this episode of Not Just About Copy, you’ll hear about:
- Why Sandy created the Wb40 platform and the unexpected benefits of the journey
- How we can embrace ageing – life really does begin at 40
- The getting of wisdom and self-confidence and stepping into power post-50
- Sandy’s creative process for writing and idea generation
- Why avoiding so-called ‘taboo’ topics doesn’t serve anyone
- The tremendous power of storytelling and language in helping others be seen, and
- Why each of us deserves to have our story told.
A very quick note before we dive in.
- Every Monday I send a brief email to my community, highlighting the latest podcast episode and sharing content on communication, copywriting, small business life and more. To hop on the list to receive that weekly email, just visit my website at emmamcmillancopy.com and pop in your details – you can also find that link in the show notes.
Now, on with today’s episode. It was an absolute privilege speaking with Sandy for this conversation. If you love it, please take 30 seconds and share it with a friend to spread the word.
How you can connect with Sandy
- Website: https://wb40.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/womenbeyondforty, https://www.instagram.com/thegoodgirlconfessional, https://www.instagram/alex_the_seal_podcast
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/womenbeyondforty, https://www.facebook.com/thegoodgirlconfessional
- Resources mentioned:
- Book – ‘Double Lives’ by Kate McCaffrey
- Book – ‘Madly, Deeply: the Alan Rickman Diaries’
- Podcast – A little bit culty with Sarah and Nippy
- Poem – Maya Angelou ‘Phenomenal Woman’
Listen to the episode here:
Connect with me:
Leave A Comment