Today’s guest on the Not Just About Copy podcast is copywriter and PR maven, Erin Huckle.
As the founder of Chuckle Communications, Erin is in the business of raising the profiles of her clients through proactive PR, amazing award entries and compelling written content. She works with innovative, ethical and creative small businesses and leaders, to help them find their voice and tell their stories. Erin’s focus is on helping clients connect with their ideal customers, by turning up where they hang out.
With almost 20 years’ of experience in PR, Erin has worked across sectors including tourism, IT, major events, not-for-profits, tech and publishing. She still gets a huge buzz out of helping her clients get featured in the media, and she loves celebrating the awesomeness of her clients through the power of PR. Based in Wollongong, Erin is a mum to three very busy boys, and in her spare time she loves any opportunity for a moment of peace, ideally with her head in a book.
I was excited to sit down with Erin and peel back the curtain on the PR industry, get some tips on profile building and storytelling, hear about her writing practice and why words and language are so integral to her work and personal life.
In this episode we talk about:
- The evolution of language within society (think comparisonitis, doom scrolling and more)
- The power of words – and the art of the reframe
- Why healthy boundaries are so important but why saying ‘no’ still feels hard sometimes
- The ins and outs of the PR world – hint: It’s not all champagne and ‘sweetie, darling!’
- Practical tips for small business owners to DIY your PR, build your profile and tell your story in a way that adds value for an audience
- How to deal with a blank page and why breaking the (grammar) rules is so much fun, and
- Why conversational copywriting is where it’s at.
I learnt a lot from this episode, and I know you will too. Here’s my conversation with Erin Huckle from Chuckle…
How you can connect with Erin
Listen to the episode here: